Today, I have a yummy pork recipe for you all that you make in the slow cooker. This meat was fabulous in tacos, but would also be great for enchiladas, quesadillas, or burritos! Any way you serve this up will definitely make your family happy. It has that nice balance of spice and sweetness that I LOVE!
This is also another great recipe that you could double and freeze have for another time. You can do tacos the first time and the second time make burritos with the meat from the freezer. This is something that I love to do and is a great time saving tip.
- 2½ - 3 lb. pork loin roast
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules or 1 cube crushed
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup orange juice
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, optional
- In a dry skillet, sear all sides of the roast until brown. Set roast aside.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Use the mixture to coat all sides of the seared roast.
- Place roast in a slow cooker and cover with any of the brown sugar/spice mixture.
- Add the orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, and cilantro to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or 5-6 hours on high.
- Remove roast and shred. Place shredded roast back in slow cooker to absorb cooking juices.
- Serve meat in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, or enchiladas. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Live Craft Eat.