Right now, nine finalists from across the country are vying to take a year of free groceries in the Hungry Jack Use Up The Box Contest. Back in August, at-home-chefs were invited to submit a creative and original recipe using pantry staples in the following categories: Breakfast for Dinner, Appetizers, and Sweet Treats.
Through March 5, 2013 you can help one at-home chef by voting for his/her recipe at www.useupthebox.com. Then you will also be entered into a daily drawing for a chance to win daily prizes including a selection of Hungry Jack brand products, to inspire simple and creative recipes of your own. So hurry and run over to vote! Time is almost up! Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 or older. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. Visit for complete Official Rules.
Hungry Jack is also providing a “Hungry Jack Mealtime Essentials” kit for one RMK reader to get the party started in your own pantry!
The “Hungry Jack Mealtime Essentials” kit will include the following products:
- Hungry Jack Syrup
- Hungry Jack Pancake Mix
- Hungry Jack Easy Pack Pancake Pouches (New Flavors)
- Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes
- Hungry Jack Hashbrowns
- Hungry Jack branded apron
- Smiley Face Spatula
- $75 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card
You have from now until March 7th at midnight (MST) to enter here. Just leave a comment on this post which recipe from the finalists you would like to try. A list the recipes are provided below and are available in a free downloadable cookbook.Giveaway is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 or older.
Breakfast for Dinner Category:
- Carrot Cake Waffles – submitted by Margaret S. from Chapin, SC
- Cajun Shrimp – submitted by Patti B. from Ignacio, CO
- Fiesta Potato Fritters – submitted by Roxanne C. from Albany, CA
- Bacon & Potato Fritters with Spiced Honey Crème Fraiche Sauce – submitted by Donna B. from Bonney Lake, WA
- Crispy Chipotle Cheddar Corn Cakes with Smoky Aioli – submitted by Gloria B. from Naperville, IL
- Loaded Waffle Hashbrowns with Spicy BBQ Ranch – submitted by Melissa C. from Massillon, OH
Sweet Treat Category:
- Maple-Bacon Kissed Double Chocolate Biscotti – submitted by Devon D. from Westport, CT
- Maple-Pecan-Bacon Caramel Corn – submitted by Domino R. from Lombard, IL
- County Fair Chocolate-Malt Cake Doughnuts with White Chocolate Drizzle – submitted by Angela S. from Clovis, NM
Winner of the giveaway is Staci A who said: ”The Bacon & Potato Fritters sound amazing!”