I have a fun twist on the traditional hot chocolate for you today. Orange juice is a usual breakfast staple but why not try it a different way. How about hot chocolate made with orange juice? It is a yummy change.
Orange juice is a great way to start off your day. Did you know it gives you and all-natural power pack of essential vitamins plus minerals. It is also a great source of vitamin C which is so important dunring cold and flu season. An 8 oz glass provides more than 100 percent of the Daily Value for Vitamin C which may act as an antioxident. It is a key nutrient to help support a healthy immune system.
Orange juice is also packed with flavor. It is the perfect compliment is this recipe to the creamy white chocolate. You can make it with almond milk or just use regular milk along with some almond extract. The almond flavor is another added compliment to the orange juice.
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- n small heavy bottomed saucepot, bring orange juice to a simmer; cook and reduce for 5 minutes. Stir in almond milk and bring to a low simmer; cook for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat; immediately whisk in vanilla and chocolate until chocolate is completely melted, returning to a very low heat to assist if necessary. Pour into mugs; serve immediately. Make 2 servings.
Recipe proved by Claire Robinson through Florida Orange Juice.
Disclosure: I am a blogger ambassador for Florida Orange Juice. However, my opinions are my own. Information about orange juice in this post was provided by Florida Orange Juice.