“Souper” Bowl week continues on RMK today witha easy vegetable beef soup. My hubby usually turn his nose up at any vegetable beef soup out there. I was worried when I made this is that he would even give it a try.
To my surprise he did try it and told me, “now this is a vegetable beef soup I can eat”. At that point I heard a round of applause in my head. I did it, my husband will now eat vegetable beef soup! This soup comes together quick thanks to bottled pasta sauce and frozen vegetables. Give it a try.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (32 oz) carton beef broth
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups frozen southern style hash browns
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans or 1 (14.5 oz) can cut green beans drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, cook beef, onion, celery, and garlic together until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes until veggies are all tender. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from The Big Red Pot.