It could not be a “Souper” Bowl week without a chili recipe, right? Well, I have a good one for you today. This is a chili that is made in the slow cooker. So other than cooking your beef with the onion, you just toss it all into the slow cooker and let the slow cooker work it’s magic.
You can also chose whether you want a thick or thin chili just by draining or not draining the canned tomatoes and beans in the recipe. I like to not drain either of them and you end up with a consistency and flavor of Wendy’s chili. So just keep in mind, if you want a thicker chili then you need to drain the tomatoes and/or beans. Either way, this chili will be tasty and easy to make!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (1 oz) pkt chili seasoning mix
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- In a skillet, brown beef with diced onion until fully cooked. Drain of any fat.
- Add the cooked beef mixture to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
Recipe adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff.