Today’s recipe is a hot cocoa mix you can make yourself and keep on hand for whenever you feel like a cup of warm chocolatey goodness. This recipe is a little different than the other 2 recipes I have shared before (Best Ever Hot Cocoa Mix and Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix). This one uses hazelnut flavored coffee creamer. I love the addition of flavor that it adds.
- 2 cups instant dry milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup hazelnut flavored coffee creamer
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Place dry milk and chocolate chips in a food processor or high powered blender (like a Blendtec). Process in the ingredients in the food processor until it becomes a nice powder.
- Add the powder to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Whisk together until well blended with no clumps. (The chocolate chip/dry milk mixture likes to clump together)
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make hot cocoa, add ¼ cup of mix to 1 cup of hot water (or hot milk for a richer cup of cocoa) and stir until well combined and the mixture has dissolved.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate, and More.