Today I am sharing my mom’s baked bean recipe. This recipe makes enough for my family but it can easily be adjusted to feed as many as you need to. It is so simple to put together. I cook my bacon for this recipe in the oven for less mess and easy clean up. You also want this bacon to still be soft, not crispy, when you cook it.
One thing I love about my mom’s recipe is these beans are nice and thick. They won’t be running all over you plate. If they aren’t thick enough for you, just cook ’em a little longer and they will thicken up more. I also love the little kick they get from the chili sauce.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pork and beans
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onion
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked but still soft not crispy and diced
- Combine all of the above ingredients into a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or in a 325 degree oven for 1½ hours. Serves 6-8.