I found this recipe on My Sisters’ Cucina. Sara adapted it from a recipe she got from Kraft, and made it better. I looked it up on the Kraft website and Sara definitely improved on the original.
Now she made these sandwiches on bagels. I decided to make them on 6 inch sandwich buns. These were so simple and easy. They also turned out so tasty. They were just like a toasted sub you get from a sandwich shop. The bread got crispy on the outside layer and everything inside was warm and melty.
This will be a new quick “go to meal” I will use often. I used Bull-Eye original sauce. I like the bottle they put their sauce in. It has that cap like on salad dressing that has a whole in the center. It made it so easy to just drizzle the barbecue sauce over these sandwiches. Thanks Sara for an awesome recipe.
- Bagels (Onion, Plain, or Everything) or whatever else you like (we used 6 inch sub buns)
- Deli Ham
- Sliced Pineapple
- Barbecue Sauce
- Deli Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Each sandwich you make you will need a square of foil big enough to wrap up your sandwich. Lay out your foil and place open faced bagels on top of your foil.
- Begin assembling the melts with ham, pineapple, barbecue sauce, and cheese (in that order) on one side of bagel. Top with other side of bagel and wrap with foil tightly so that the melts stays together and the barbecue sauce doesn't leak.
- Place in preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sara let them sit for about 5 minutes to cool off a bit, and settle. We couldn't wait, we just ate them right out of the oven.