Monkey Bread is always a great addition to any breakfast and is especially good for Christmas. I usually always make some version for Christmas morning to serve with hot cocoa. I recently discovered that you can make it using apple butter and it makes it even better! You end up with a nice gooey layer of cinnamony goodness on top!
Here are some of the other versions I have also made if this one doesn’t strike your fancy.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 (7.5 oz) tubes refrigerated biscuits, seperated and cut into fourths
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple butter
- grease a bundt pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon and ⅓ cup sugar. Roll cut biscuits in the mixture and place in prepared bundt pan being sure to evenly distribute them throughout the pan.
- In a sauce pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, ½ cup sugar, and apple butter. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour mixture evenly over biscuits in the bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.and invert onto serving platter to serve. Serve warm. Serves 8.
Recipe adapt from Musselman’s.