This week is the big week that you can vote for my video for I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. Remember how I talked about it back in January and told you to watch American Idol to see if my video was on national television. Well my video didn’t make the nation commercial but it is still a part of their promotion for their healthier formulated product with absolutely NO trans fats, NO cholesterol and 70% less saturated fat than real butter! All the healthier information is right there – you just have to turn the tub around… That’s what the whole thing was about.
So I was one of 30 bloggers chosen to participate. They sent me a brand new flip camera along with music and lyrics in exchange for my participation. I had to create a video using the camera, music and lyrics. This was completely out of my comfort zone. The music is a remake of the song “Turn the Beat Around”. They changed it to “Turn the Tub Around”.
My video is a part of the Turn The Tub Around Watch Vote & Win online sweepstakes. http://www.turnthetubaround.com Click on Watch, Vote, and you could win. Then click on get started and you’ll see my video is up against another bloggers video this week. Please vote for me and you could win. You are allowed to vote daily. Every day, Watch Vote & Win site visitors have a new chance to win one of three daily prizes including:
All voters become eligible to win one of five, randomly- selected grand prizes – a 3-day 2-night trip for two to Los Angeles to attend a meet and greet with Megan Mullally. They’ll also win a styling session and enjoy a night on the town including a dinner for two and tickets to a show. So make sure to stop in and vote for moi!
Then along with the online sweepstakes I am giving away a great gift pack from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter including a platter, spreader, spatula, two recipes and a gift card to purchase ingredients for the recipes.
So to I am going to give you several ways to enter this giveaway. You will have the entire week to enter. You will have until Saturday March 6 at midnight MST to enter. Here are the ways you can enter.
1. Go to http://www.turnthetubaround.com and vote for my video. Then come back here and leave a comment saying “I voted for RMK”. Since you are allowed to vote one time each day you may enter here one time each day.
2. For an extra entry, follow @RealMomKitchen or follow @ICBINotButter on twitter. Then leave a comment on this post that says “I now follow @RealMomKitchen or @ICBINotButter on twitter” You can get one entry for each following.
3. Tweet for others to vote for my video clip. Leave a comment on this post that you tweet for others to vote.
4. For an extra entry become a Fan of Real Mom Kitchen on Facebook HERE. Leave a comment that you now follow on Facebook.
Now to go along with the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter giveaway, I am sharing a recipe for Four Cheese Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I adapted the recipe from one I found in my Jan/Feb issue of Simple and Delicious. This baby takes grilled cheese to a new level. I do think that the four cheeses was a bit much. Next time, I think I’ll forgo the cheddar. I must say that the combination of cheeses was delicious.
Four Cheese Grilled Cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened or I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spread
- Sprinkle green onion over four bread slices. Layer with cheese slices; top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Toast on a heated griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.