Today is the last new recipe for my Gifts from the Kitchen week. However, tomorrow I have a round up of other ideas from my archives. There is a lot of good choices if you are still looking for one. We are finishing of the new recipes for this year with a simple granola recipe that includes those flavors you find at this time of year – molasses, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and craberries. It really is a Christmas granola!
I have also been running a giveaway a day so be sure to enter today’s giveaway!
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds (or you could do sunflower seeds)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups Craisins
- 1 cup canola oil
- ¾ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, wheat germ, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut and craisins.
- In a sauce pan, combine the oil, molasses, honey, brown sugar, and salt. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then add the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice to the oil mixture until well combined.
- Add the oil mixture to the dry out mixture and stir together until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture out over a 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan. Cook at 275 for 45 minutes carefully giving it a stir every 15 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 325 and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Give it a stir and let it cool. Stir it after it has had a little time to cool. I find that this helps from ending up with a big clump of granola. Just stir it ocassionally as it cools.
Recipe adapted from Food of Love.