Today’s recipe is a decadent cookie that includes caramel and chocolate. These cookies will definitely impress! The good thing about these babies is they will look like you slaved all day to make them. However, they are a cinch to make. They all begin with roll of Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough!
The dough gets a few added ingredients mixed in along with a Rolo candy stuffed inside each cookie. Now you could just call it good there, but why? Then you melt some more Rolos with a little whipping cream to drizzle over the cookies. To finish these chocolaty morsels off they get a sprinkling of kosher salt. You definitely will want to eat these cookies with a glass of cold milk! By the way, I don’t condone eating raw cookie dough but have been known to occasionally partake of some. I must confess, I did sample this dough raw and it was delish!
- 1 (16.5 oz) roll of Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- 18 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- 15 Rolo candies, unwrappped
- 1½ Tbsp whipping cream
- ½ tsp kosher (coarse) salt
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and allow to sit on the counter for 10 minutes to soften.
- In a large bowl, stir the cocoa and whipping cream together until blended.
- Crumble softened cookie dough into the cocoa mixture along with the mini chocolate chips. Stir together until blended. (I did find it best to knead the dough with my hands at the very end to get it mixed well)
- Using a 2 Tbsp cookie scoop (or measure out 2 Tbsp of dough for each cookie) scoop dough. With each scoop, while the dough is in the scoop, make an indentation in the center. Place a Rolo candy into the indentation and cover the candy with the excess dough. Then place the dough ball on a cookie sheet. Continue until all the cookies are shaped. Then place the dough balls in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While cookies are in the freezer preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the frozen dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. (You will need at least 2 sheets)
- Bake cookies for 9-13 minutes until no longer domed and edges are set. Allow to cool on the sheet for 2 minutes. Remove from sheet and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cooled, place the remaining 15 Rolo candies along with the whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 20 seconds and stir to blend. Then microwave in 10 second intervals until mixture is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle mixture over cookies. Just before serving sprinkle with the ½ tsp kosher salt. Makes 18 cookies.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.