I had seen this recipe a while ago on the Love My Philly site. Then I saw a few bloggers make this dish and decided it was time to give it a try. I mean the recipe is very simple and only takes 5 ingredients. You could even have the kids make this one it’s that easy. You need to brown the hamburger, cook the noodles, and be able to stir. This meal can be put together in less than 30 minutes.
The secret ingredient here is a little cream cheese. It helps jazz up regular old bottled sauce over spaghetti. Gives it a more creamy texture. This was another quick and easy meal that was loved by all. Next time, I do think I will try to reduce the cream cheese to 2-3 oz or just serve the sauce over the noodles instead of mixing it all together. As the noodles and sauce cooled a little, the sauce got pretty thick. I like my sauce to be a little saucier. Other that that, great dish. I also make a new bread recipe that I served along side the spaghetti. I share that one with you tomorrow, well actually make that Wednesday. I forgot tomorrow is National Pancake Day. I’ll be sharing a pancake recipe with you to celebrate.
Oh, and I need to announce the winner of the $25 gift card from Kroger. And the winner is…….
|Becky who said: I always give my boxtops to my nephew and he gets so excited when I bring him some!|
Spaghetti a la Philly
- 3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed (Next time I’m trying 2-3 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- COOK spaghetti as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet. Stir in sauce and cream cheese; cook on low heat 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is well blended and heated through, stirring frequently.
- DRAIN spaghetti. Add to sauce; mix lightly. Place on platter; top with Parmesan.
This recipe was tested using Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan sauce.