This is a recipe that I got from Rhodes Dough. My family loves their cinnamon rolls and this recipe gives them a nice fall twist. So I made this over the weekend. I did change something on this, and I am going to make sure I don’t do it again.
My family is not a fan of nuts, so I increased the quick oats to 1 1/2 cups. Next time, I’ll just make it with the 3/4 cup and just not use the nuts. It turns out a little dry that way. Still good, just the crisp topping was a little too dry. So follow the recipe, and if you don’t want the nuts just leave them out. Everyone gobbled these babies up.
- 9 Rhodes Anytime!™ Cinnamon Rolls (make sure they are the Anytime ones)
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- frosting packet (that came with the rolls)
- Place cinnamon rolls in 3 rows of 3 in a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan. Pour and spread pie filling to evenly cover rolls.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, oats, pecans, flour and butter. Mix until well combined. Sprinkle over the apple pie filling and rolls.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes (put these in the oven cold, include the preheating as part of the 50 min, I also think I should have done mine for 45 min) or until cinnamon rolls are baked through. Cool slightly then drizzle with frosting from the frosting packet. Makes 9 servings.