If you follow my blog on a regular basis you know how much I love the Simple and Delicious magazine along with the Taste of Home magazine. I believe I have been a loyal subscriber since 1999. They have fabulous recipes in them along with beautiful photographs. So I was very excited when I was asked to be a part of the Shop Taste of Home affiliate program.
The thing that is so great about Shop Taste of Home is you not only have access to a lot of great items to use for cooking but they also have some fabulous cookbooks. They have cookbooks that include all the recipes for each magazine over the last year. So if you haven’t been a subscriber you can still get all of the fabulous recipes that I have enjoyed over that last year. I adapted two recipes from the Taste of Home issues this last year, the Easy Parmesan Knots and the Flat Bread Tacos. Both of those recipes have been very popular. The recipe today also came from the last year of Taste of Home. You have to make sure and check out the 2010 Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook. The even have a deal on the cookbook. Right now you’ll save $5.00 OFF the regular price, plus get 2 FREE GIFTS: a Chrome Plated Cupcake Stand and Winning Chocolate Delights (combined $14.98 value). Shop now from Taste of Home! You can even use code LST17 for 20% off your purchase.
Update! They now have a $5 cook book sale. Click the link below to check those out.
So I recently made the Sour Cream Yeast Rolls from one of my Taste of Home Magazine which is also in the 2010 Taste of Home Annual Recipes cookbook. It seems like I always stock up on sour cream when it goes on sale. Then I always end up having to try and find uses for a carton or two as they near the expiration date. These rolls are a perfect solution. They were easy to make and were loved by all. I mean come on, very rarely do I meet a roll that I didn’t like. It also makes one dozen which is the perfect family sized recipe. I also can really appreciate the beauty of a good dough and this was one fine lookin’ dough. It was also very easy to work with. So give em a try!
Sour Cream Yeast Rolls
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour (I ended up using more like 3 1/4 cups flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the sour cream, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°; add to dry ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. (I let my Kitchen Aid do the work with a dough hook for 6 minutes) Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.(With mine the tops were brown after 10 minutes. So I just draped foil on top of the rolls and cooked for 10 more minutes. Mine were ready after 20 minutes) Melt remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.