I am a girl who appreciates simplicity. So when I went to make this recipe for Hearty Sausage n’ Hash Browns from my recent Simple and Delicious issue I saw a way to make this simple recipe even easier. The original recipe calls for chopped up green pepper along with frozen hash browns. So I elected to use O’brien hash browns which already has green peppers in it along with some red peppers and onions. This dish was one was loved by all. I have made it twice now. It is quick, easy, inexpensive and oh so delish! The recipe serves 3 as a main dish. I used it as a side dish for 5 servings.
Hearty Sausage n’ Hash Browns
- 4 1/2 cups of frozen cubed O’Brien hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices, then cut slices in half (Kielbasa also works)
- 5 slices of process American cheese
- In large skillet, cook O’brien potatoes in oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Stir in sausage, heat through.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese.
- Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serves 3 or makes a side dish for 5.