Today’s apple recipe requires no cooking. It is a simple side dish that incorporates raw apples. This uses both sweet and tart varieties. It is the perfect side for fall with a great sweet crunch! I also love the color of it. I left the nuts out when making this because my family isn’t fans of them. You could always leave the nuts on the side so those who want it can sprinkle it on their own individual serving.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- ¾ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2¼ cup diced red apple (I used gala)
- 2¼ cup diced green apple (I used granny smith)
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- ⅓ cup craisins
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Then add the apples, coleslaw mix, craisins, and walnuts. Toss to coat and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Gooseberry Patch.