I found today’s recipe from a magazine that my kids get called The Friend. They have a little section in there with recipes for kids to make. So feel free to bring the kids in the kitchen on this one. Basically as long as you can open a can, you can make this recipe.
The recipe is very similar to a recipe that I have posted before called Black Bean and Corn Salsa which is also known as Cowboy Caviar. I gave this salsa about an hour to sit in the fridge and it was delicious. However, most of the time these kind of salsas only get better the longer you can let them sit and let the flavors marinade. The pineapple added a nice element of sweetness. I found it similar in flavor to a mango salsa i have had in Mexican restaurants. Yummy and easy – who could ask for anything more? This is a fun side to any Mexican dish. I served it with Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas.
Black Bean and Pineapple Salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (8 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz)can of diced tomatoes (I used a can of diced tomatoes that also had cilantro and lime in them)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
Mix all ingredients together. (I recommend giving it at least 1 hour in the fridge before serving) Serve with tortilla chips.