Sometimes a mom has to do what a mom has to do in order to get dinner on the table. I am a big fan of chicken parmesan but to make it from scratch can take time that a busy mom just may not have. Enter the frozen breaded chicken patty, which is the time saver for this dish.
This recipe is called “instant” because there really isn’t much involved in making it other than throwing the stuff together and baking it in the oven. You also only need 4 things to put this dish together. Add cooked pasta you are up to 5 ingredients. This is a good way to have chicken parmesan without all the work. My oldest who isn’t a fan of chicken parm loved this dish.
- 1 (28 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 6 frozen breaded chicken breast patties (I used the Tyson ones that I picked up from Sam's Club)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- cooked spaghetti noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange frozen chicken patties in the dish on top of the sauce.
- Place 1 slice of provolone cheese on each chicken patty.
- Sprinkle ½ Tbsp of Parmesan cheese over each slice of provolone.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. (This is the perfect time to get the water boiling for the cooked spaghetti)
- Uncover and bake for 5 to 10 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Serves 6.
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Quick and East Family Favorites.