If you like pina coladas, then today is your day. Yes, I like pina coladas (virgin ones that it), but not so much getting caught in the rain. Today’s popsicle recipe was my absolute favorite one that I made this year. It tastes just like a pina colada. These popsicles tend to be on the soft side so they need to freezer for at least 24 hours before you unmold them. They really are more like a fruit bar. I LOVE them, MAKE them! Then sit back, turn on the Jimmy Buffet song (I included the youtube video for you below the recipe), close your eyes, and imagine you are on whatever beach you want to be. I am always on Hawaiian or one of the couple of the beautiful Mexican beaches I have been to when I am eating these. I keep mine virgin, but you can add 1/4 cup rum to the mix if you so desire.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 oz) container sweetened cream of coconut (like Coco Lopez)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Place the above ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Unmold and enjoy. This will make 10 (3 oz) popsicles.
Recipe adapted from Redbook Magazine.