Back in November, I was invited to the Smucker’s Head Quarters in Ohio. We were introduced to many of the brands that are part of the Smucker’s family. Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk happens to be one of those products. While there, I also got to try out a lot of fun recipes. One of them was this delicious ice cream recipe.
We made this ice cream that requires no ice cream maker and then moved into another room that was FULL of things to add to our basic ice cream before placing it in the freezer. I felt like Charlie when he just stepped foot into Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory. The over 6 ft long counter top was filled with everything you could ever imagine to put in your ice cream. I finally settled on bits of brownie along with Smucker’s caramel and some cashews.
I think it would be so fun to do a kids party where the kiddos each make their ice cream and add the mix is. Then they each can have their own ice cream to take home and enjoy for later.
After making the ice cream at Smucker’s, we each got to make a video about the ice cream and get tips from Kelsey Nixon on our video. It felt very “Next Food Network Starish”. When we were making the videos. However, Kelsey was gave us a much nicer critique than Bob Tushman. It was a blast. You can see the video I made below.
Well not only do I have this awesome ice cream recipe for you today but I also have a giveaway – an Ice Cream Party Pack from Smucker’s! The package includes:
- Smucker’s new Spoonable Blueberry Topping and Smucker’s Hot Caramel Microwavable Topping (both are tasty)
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- $75 Walmart gift card
- Smucker’s Bowls & Scoop
- Portable iPod speakers
- Recipes and product fact sheets
- 1 (14 oz) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk with the half and half, salt, and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
- In a another bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk.
- Place in a 9 x 5 loaf pan or other similar container. At this point you can also add in mix ins. You can do it in layers or swirl it in.
- Cover and freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Disclosure: I also received an Ice Cream Party Pack.