Snacks and treats are a great way to get kids involved with cooking in the kitchen. This weeks recipe is one the kids will enjoy. These quick and easy homemade no bake granola bars were a big hit at my house. They are soft, chewy, and sweet. My hubby isn’t a big peanut butter fan and even he enjoyed them. I have a feeling we will be making these a lot this summer at out house. These babies are just as easy as whippin’ up a batch of good old rice krispie treats. Now I just need to stock up on mini chocolate chips.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper.
- Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, honey, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Place on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally with a large spoon until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla followed by the oats and crispy cereal. Stir until well coated then pour into the 8 x 8 inch dish.
- Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. Makes 12-16 granola bars.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Trial and Error.