This recipe comes from my tried and true file. I absolutely love recipes you can just dump in the crock pot and have it ready at dinner time. This is another recipe that I got years ago from a Quick Cooking Magazine (now Simple and Delicious). Yummy, it’s a family favorite.
There’s also more than enough chili topping for these dogs, so we use the extra to dip corn chips in. Let me also recommend you eat these with a fork, they are pretty messy. The recipe calls for chili with out beans but I have used chili with bean in it or 1 can chili with beans and one can without. I really like have some beans on my chili dog!
- 10 hot dogs
- 2 (15 oz) cans without beans
- 1 (10-3/4 oz) can cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt.slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili, soup and green chilies; pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serve hot dogs in buns; top with chili mixture, onion, corn chips and cheese. Serves 10.
Recipe adapted from Quick Cooking.