One of my favorite items to grill in the summer is shrimp. The shrimp marinates and cooks so fast. It is the perfect quick summer dinner. The use of pesto in the marinade also gives you a nice burst of flavor without a lot of work. Love this one! Just be careful to not overcook the shrimp.
I just get my shrimp frozen from Costco. The size of shrimp is all based upon how many make up one pound – the higher the number the smaller the shrimp. I like to use the 31-40 shrimp per pound.
This marinated would also work well with chicken. I would suggest allowing it to marinate for at least 4 hours if you are doing chicken.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- pepper to taste
- 30 large shrimp (I use the 31-40 shrimp per pound size)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, pesto, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (Not longer or the lemon juice will start to cook the shrimp). Drain and discard marinade.
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread shrimp.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe adapted from food.com