Last month, I had to chance to head to New York for the launch of Country Crock’s new cookbook – A Very Veggie World. They teamed up with Clare Crespo for a cute cookbook that helps make serving veggies to your family fun! As part of my trip I got to cook some of the recipes from the cookbook.
With it almost being Memorial Day, I thought it would be fun to share the flag pizza we made. It would also be fun to make once the 4th of July rolls around. This fun pizza is topped with spinach to make the corner of the flag. The stars are made with cheese cut with a star cookie cutter, but if you don’t have one you could just cut the mozzarella into small squares and get a similar effect. Then the stripes are made with fresh sliced tomatoes and red pepper along with mozzarella.
This pizza comes together quick and tastes amazing!
Now if you want to make this for Memorial Day but want to cook on the grill, just follow my instructions for grilled pizza. You could even make mini flag pizzas. You can also get the A Very Veggie World cookbook for free filled with more recipes like this including the Veggie Wagon I shared last month. Just click on the link.
- 6 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 1 cup Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise and cut into slices, 1 sliced red bell pepper or a mixture of the two
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Take two slices of mozzarella cheese and stack together. Use kitchen scissors or small knife to cut a few star shapes out of the cheese slices. Slice remaining cheese into 1-inch strips.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Melt Country Crock® Spread in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stretch pizza dough to fit a rectangular pan.
- Spread Ragu® Pizza Quick Sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle spinach over top left corner of dough. Lay tomatoes (or peppers) and cheese strips in alternating strips on rest of the pizza.
- Bake 8 to 18 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is just beginning to brown. Place stars on the spinach and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with crushed red pepper flakes (if using).
- Serves 8
Recipe shared with permission from Country Crock.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I was compensated for my participation.