If you like pina coladas, then you’ll love today’s recipe. This is a yummy salad recipe that I created from a base recipe which came from my sister-in-law. The base of the salad is yogurt, cool whip, and instant pudding mix. You can take that base, mix flavors and then add whatever fruit you want to the base. I love pina coladas and thought it would make a great salad. It turned out delicious and was liked by all. It is very simple to whip together, you just need an hour to let it sit in the fridge before serving. The yogurt adds a nice tang to the sweetness of all the other ingredients. You can take the base and create your own salad. I’m thinking next time I’ll use strawberry cheesecake yogurt, cheesecake pudding, and fresh strawberries.
Creamy Pina Colada Salad
- 12 oz. cool whip
- 1 small package instant coconut cream pudding ( you can substitute vanilla)
- 3 (6 oz) pina colada yogurts
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- toasted coconut (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix cool whip, dry pudding mix, and yogurts. Mix well to dissolve pudding mix.
2. Refrigerate mixture or at least one hour. (this helps the pudding to fully dissolve)
3. Mix in bananas and pineapple just before serving. Sprinkle top with toasted coconut if desired.