I had some cream and bacon in my fridge that needed to be used up. Then, I remembered that I had a recipe I found on What’s Cookin? that was posted by Cheryl. It was for Garlic Chicken Farfalle and it used both cream and bacon.
Now, I did have to make it a little different because of the ingredients I had in my house. I didn’t have the Lawry’s bottled mesquite marinade, but I did have a McCormick Grill Mates dry seasoning packet of mesquite marinade so I used that. I made the packet according to the direction on the back for the marinade and put that over the chicken.
After the chicken had been cooking the the crock pot for a little bit, I opened it made sure all the chicken was pushed down into the marinade. I didn’t have bow tie pasta on hand, so I used rotini. I only used 1/2 pound of bacon to make this. The original recipe used one pound, which seemed like a lot. I also just shook in the pepper, the 1 tablespoon in the original recipe seemed way too much for me. Last change, I didn’t have shredded Parmesan cheese, so I used the grated stuff in the green can. You know what I’m taking about. I know, but what can I say. It’s what I had on hand, I usually only use the canned stuff for topping off the recipe I have for Divine Breadsticks and the kids like it on top of their spaghetti.
I know this would have turned out a lot better if I had real Parmesan cheese, but it still worked and was still good. I do have to say the bacon was my favorite part, so I’ll definitely do 1 whole pound next time.
- 3-4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 (12 oz) Lawry’s mesquite marinade with lime juice of 1 pkg McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade prepared according to pkg. directions
- 16 oz. Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- ½ cup butter
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed OR garlic salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ - 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled (all depends on how much you like)
- diced green onion, optional for garnish
- In the crock pot, add chicken and bottle of marinade. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (it just falls apart). Set this aside.
- About a half-hour before serving, boil the farfalle pasta according to pkg directions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, Parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon. Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, pour over cooked pasta, add chicken and stir through. Sprinkle with green onion and a little bit more shredded Parmesan cheese to serve.