It’s getting to be that time of the year when you need to make dinner but you want to beat the heat. Today’s recipe is one that I created with that in mind. Your kitchen won’t heat up more just because you are fixin’ dinner and this recipe would work great for a picnic in the park too. This recipe all begins with a can of Swanson’s chunk chicken. With no need to cook the chicken, not only do you get the benefits of a cool house but it also makes this a cinch to whip together.
The recipe is a fusion a chicken salad and chicken enchiladas. You get those flavors you find in a chicken enchilada with the convenience of a chilled chicken salad. I incorporated a can of black beans but if you would prefer, you can always use another can of chicken in it’s place.
- 3 oz. light cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12.5 oz) can Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken, drained and broken up
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (like Ro*Tel)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 burrito sized tortillas, warm just enough to soften them
- In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
- Fold in the cheese, chicken, tomatoes with green chilies, green onion and cilantro into the cream cheese mixture.
- Divide mixture between the tortillas and top with lettuce. Roll up burrito style and serve.
Recipe inspired by My Fabulous Recipes.
Disclosure: I was provided product and compensation for my creation of this recipe and post.