Today’s mug recipe makes two cakes. This cake is just like a sponge cake and is finished off with sweetened whipped cream and fresh berries. Remember, even though this is a sponge cake, it will be more dense and gooey due to the microwave cooking. This is another quick way to get a sweet treat and a perfect way to enjoy fresh berries.
- 5½ Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- dash of salt
- dash of almond extract
- sweetened whipped cream
- 4 strawberries, diced (or other favorite berries)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, egg, milk, oil, salt, and almond extract. Stir just until combined.
- Spray 2 mugs with non-stick cooking spray. Divide batter between the two mugs.
- Bake one cake at a time. Microwave for 1½ minutes. Microwave for 5 second intervals after that if needed until done, but no longer than 30 seconds total.
- After cooked, invert onto a plate and allow to cool. Serve with sweetened whipped cream and diced strawberries.
Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings.