Today’s recipe comes from a new site that I recently discovered called $5 Dinners. She even has a cookbook. The recipe is for some simple Pulled Chicken Sliders that you make in your slow cooker. The sauce for the chicken is simple sauce that is kid friendly. More of a tomato flavor than bbq flavor, but still delicious. I do think that next time I will try to add a little smoked paprika and chili powder to give the sauce a little more depth of flavor. You could even forego the whole made from scratch sauce and just throw in some of your favorite bbq sauce.
I was able to get 12 sliders from this recipe and the family gobbled them down. I made a coleslaw that I served along side this, I also put the coleslaw on my slider with the chicken. It was delish. I’ll share that recipe with you tomorrow, there is a sneak pick of the slaw in the picture below. Both would be wonderful for a Super Bowl party.
Now I also wanted to help give you some other ideas that you can use for your Super Bowl party. Here’s the fun part, they are all recipes that are made in the slow cooker. Why not enjoy yourself this upcoming Super Bowl Sunday and let your slow cooker do most of the work? I have broken the recipes down into 3 categories – soups, sandwiches, tacos and nachos. You could mix and match from the categories or use a couple from one category like do a taco bar with a couple of different meats. The possibilities are endless to what you could do. Hope this gives you some good inspiration and also makes the day a little more relaxing.
Tacos (a lot of these meats would also be great on nachos or in a quesadilla)
- Southwestern Beef
- Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- Pineapple and Green Chile Pork Tacos
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
- Too Easy Chicken Tacos
- Shredded Beef Tacos
- Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- Bajio Chicken
- Applesauce BBQ Sauce Shredded Pork Sandwiches
- Tex Mex Beef BBQ’s
- BBQ Pork
- Ginger Ale Meatball Subs
- Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Crock Pot Chili Dogs
- Shockingly Simple French Dip Sandwiches
- Creamy Southwestern Chicken Nachos
- Southwestern Chicken Nachos
- Chile Lime Chicken Tostadas
- Frito Pie
- 3 chicken breasts
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 12 slider sized rolls
- Place 3 chicken breasts in the base of the slow cooker.
- In small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste plus 2 cans worth of water, the cider vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Add a little salt and pepper is you wish. Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic to the sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Set slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours.
- When chicken is finished in the slow cooker, scoop it out into a bowl and using 2 forks, “pull it” apart.
- Scoop some sauce from the slow cooker and add until reaches your desired ‘sauciness.’
- Serve on slider sized rolls and enjoy!
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in June 2017.