This is definitely a kid pleaser, the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger in a pasta dish. I got this recipe years ago from a Quick Cooking magazine (now called Simple and Delicious). The ingredients are simple and it is fairly quick to make.
One thing I do with this recipe is I cook my bacon in the microwave. I line a microwave safe plate with those really cheap paper plates. Then place approximately 6 half slice of bacon on the paper plate and cover with a paper towel. Next, I microwave it for 2 1/2 minutes on 70 % power. Then 1 minute on full power. Depending on how the bacon looks, I then cook it for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then it’s done. I take the bacon after it cooled for a minute to another plate lined with a paper towel to absorb more grease.
- 8 oz uncooked tube or spiral pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 strips of cooked bacon, diced
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Barbecue sauce, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add bacon, soup, and beef; heat through. Mix in desired amount of barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese is melted. 4-6 servings