So when I was planning out Super Bowl week, I got the idea to make some sliders. I then decided to take my favorite wings and turn them into slider form. I have never been big on the whole wing thing, but love the “boneless wings” at Wingers Bar and Grill. There these wings are known as “Sticky Fingers“. I have shared a recipe before for a homemade version, but thought a slider would be fun.
So from that idea, I settle on a shredded chicken slider made with my homemade version of Winger’s wing sauce. The sticky fingers are also served with ranch dressing and celery. So I decided to include a slaw made with those two ingredients. By all means if your prefer blue cheese dressing, feel free to use that instead!
I also toasted the rolls. It kept the rolls from getting soggy and also added an extra “crunch” factor to the sandwich! I used the split top potato rolls from Walmart and thought they worked perfectly!
Now Winger’s sauce it quite sweet. If you don’t want it as sweet, just begin with half the amount of sugar and then adjust accordingly to fit the level you desire.
I must say, I was very pleased with how they turned out. My oldest son said I nailed it on getting the flavors into a sandwich and told me they were “fabulous”!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 6 Tbsp. Franks Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce… no other sauce will taste as good)
- 1½ cup brown sugar (use less if you want it more on the hot side)
- ¼ cup water
- 5½ cups coleslaw mix
- 2 stalks of celery, cut into thin slices
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- 16 slider size buns or rolls
- Place chicken in a slow cooker with the ½ cup water and cook for 6-8 hours until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- Remove liquid from slow cook and return chicken back to the slow cooker.
- In a sauce pan, combine hot sauce, brown sugar, and water. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the sauce to the chicken in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Place coleslaw mix and celery together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, blend together the ranch dressing, mayo, sugar, and lemon juice. Add to the coleslaw and toss to coat.
- Split open rolls and butter each half and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to broil. Broil rolls until toasted.
- Serve each roll topped with some of the chicken mixture and some of the slaw.