Today’s recipe takes good old frozen ravioli and makes it Super Bowl worthy. The ravioli gets a double coating of breadcrumbs before slipping into a deep frying bath and cooked until a toasty golden brown. This is fairly simple to make but will wow the football crowd. Add some bottled marinara or homemade pizza sauce for dipping to finish it off. This one got rave reviews from my home team!
For those of you who are local, be sure to check out Studio 5 tomorrow at 11 am on channel 5. I will be sharing 3 brand new ways to serve up fruit salad.
- 1 (25 oz) bag frozen cheese ravioli (or use meat ravioli if you want)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- canola oil, for frying
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- marinara or pizza sauce, for dipping
- In a bowl, beat milk and egg together until blended.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs with ½ tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop 3 to 4 frozen ravioli into the egg mixture at a time and stir to coat.
- Remove each ravioli from egg mixture allowing excess to drip of and place into the breadcrumbs and coat with the mixture.
- Place breaded ravioli on a sheet of parchment paper.
- One all the ravioli is breaded repeat the process with a second coating and place on parchment paper again.
- Working in batches of about 9 ravioli, deep fry in oil and inch or so of oil that has been preheated to 350 degrees.
- Turn as needed and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet to drain and immediately sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine.